A Parkinson's diagnosis comes with a lot of uncertainty and questions. You are not alone; you can rely on the National Parkinson Foundation to get the answers you need. FIND HELP.
Call the NPF Helpline 1.800.4PD.INFO (1-800-473-4636) for answers to all your questions. Staffed by nurses, social workers and therapists, the Helpline is here to support you in any possible way, including:
- Current disease information
- Medical issues including symptoms and treatments
- Health and social care
- Emotional support
- Referrals to health professionals and community resources for local support
The Helpline is open Mon-Fri, 9am – 6pm EST. You can be assisted in either English or Spanish. You can also email with a question at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parkinson's Central Mobile App
Parkinson's Central is a free, easy-to-use smartphone app that people with Parkinson's and their caregivers can use to access Parkinson's-related information wherever and whenever they need it.
appPicker.com featured both NPF apps - Parkinson’s Toolkit and Parkinson’s Central—on their website in an article, “The Best iPhone Apps for Parkinson’s".
Parkinson's Central features:
- "Near Me" tool to find resources in your area
- How to get the most out of doctor visits
- Ins and outs of diagnosis and medication management
- Tips on how to live well with Parkinson's
- Information about insurance and finance
- Special caregiver content